BEST INSTAGRAM GROWTH TOOLS
Real Instagram Followers
Organic Instagram Growth
What are the most commented Instagram posts in 2023?
Let’s find out!
Social media commenting has become a popular form of fancy interaction among internet users.
I say fancy because comments have ubiquitous functions be it participating in a giveaway, complimenting your best friend’s new kicks, or even throwing shade at someone.
Commenting on a post could be one of the easiest things you can do on Instagram.
This is why many people use this feature to increase engagement, especially for posts that need a little help with marketing.
Today, the most commented posts on Instagram are either ones that host a giveaway or those that are intentionally marked with “MAKE THIS THE MOST COMMENTED POST ON INSTAGRAM”.
I’m throwing no shade, we all like to join in a trend everyone else jumps in.
Most Commented Instagram Posts 2023
Without further delay, here are the most commented Instagram posts in 2023, ranked by their outstanding comment count.
1. Alexandros Kopsialis
A paid partnership with La Vie En Rose Greece, a Greek cosmetic company operating in the production and packaging industry.
Some of the giveaway prices include a car, a Sony PlayStation 5, and an iPhone 12! Who would not take their chance with these kinds of prizes?
After all, commenting is easy and FREE!
- The number of comments made on the post: 43 million
- The number of the post’s likes: 557,000
- Total number of the uploader’s followers: 1.1 million
- Date of posting: November 2020
2. Bizarrap Featuring Paulo Londra
A post telling fans they will drop a surprise after reaching 23 million comments. And they just did!
- The number of comments made on the post: 23 million (we are expecting the duo to live up to their promise by now)
- The number of the post’s likes: 7 million
- Total number of the uploader’s followers: bizzarap: 14.40 million, paulolondra: 13.7 million
- Date of posting: April 2022
Singer and rapper Jahseh Dwayne Ricardo Onfroy, popularly known as XXXTentacion, posted an upside-down photo captioned “LOVE IS WAR” on May 20, 2018.
Comments on the post later flooded as the performer met his death after being shot on the 18th of June in the same year.
- The number of comments on the post: 11.1 million
- The number of the post’s likes: 29 million
- Total number of the uploader’s followers: 20.7 million
- Date of posting: May 2018
4. Andrea Stramaccioni
The Italian football manager’s first and only Instagram post to date captioned “Welcome for my official account” with a football emoji generated a lot of attention from both sport’s avid fans and beyond.
Three years after posting, the manager of Al Gharafa is yet to make another viral post.
- The number of comments on the post: 9.8 million
- The number of the post’s likes: 768,000
- Total number of the uploader’s followers: 395,000
- Date of posting: August 2019
5. Sidhu Moose Wala
The Punjabi music advocate hinted at the release of his incoming project’s teaser if the post reaches 5 million.
The challenge lived up to its goal, reaching the milestone the next day after the singer posted the challenge.
The teaser hit a million views in just 12 hours after it has been uploaded on YouTube.
Do you think challenging followers about hitting a numbered goal is an effective marketing strategy? Sidhu Moose Wala may certainly think so!
- The number of comments on the post: 4.8 million, apparently the number retracted a year after the post had fulfilled its promise
- The number of the post’s likes: 972,000
- Total number of the uploader’s followers: 11 million
- Date of posting: April 2021
The list of the most commented Instagram posts goes on and includes BTS’ Jimin’s photo holding a cute donut inflatable at the beach.
The photo is too irresistible for fans and hit 2 million comments and counting.
Most Liked Instagram Posts 2023
Aside from comments, another good measure to determine the winner of the Instagram popularity contest is the number of likes.
One includes a challenge from the world_record_egg created to try beating Kylie Jenner’s popular post which generated 18 million likes.
It lived to its purpose and now holds the title as the most liked post on the platform.
Similar to its sister company, Facebook, Instagram allows users to voice their approval by liking a post.
The only difference is the sign used. Facebook sticks with its good old thumbs-up sign while Instagram is left with the heart sign.
Here are the most-liked Instagram posts as of May 2022 and their respective number of likes, according to Statista.
The number of likes the post generated: 55.0 million
Date of upload: January 2019
2. Christiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodriguez’ Pregnancy Announcement
Uploader: @christiano and @georginagio
The number of likes the post generated: 32.9 million
Date of upload: October 2021
3. Xxx Tentacion’s Final Post Before Death
The number of likes the post generated: 29.3 million
Date of upload: May 2018
4. Ariana Grande’s Wedding Photos with Dalton Gomez
The number of likes the post generated: 26.6 million
Date of upload: May 2021
5. Kylie Jenner’s Second Pregnancy Announcement
The number of likes the post generated: 25 million
Date of upload: September 2021
6. Tom Holland’s Spider-Man Meme
The number of likes the post generated: 23.6 million
Date of upload: n/a
7. Kylie Jenner’s First Photo with Her Newborn Son
The number of likes the post generated: 23.3 million
Date of upload: February 2022
8. Billie Eilish Blonde Hair Reveal
The number of likes the post generated: 22.9 million
Date of upload: March 2021
9. Lionel Messi’s First Instagram Post After Signing a Two-Year Contract with Paris Saint-Germain
The number of likes the post generated: 22 million
Date of upload: August 2021
10. Billie Eilish’ Photo from British Vogue
The number of likes the post generated: 21.9 million
Date of upload: May 2021
Instagram comments have become mainstream ways to engage followers better on your posted content.
Many brands nowadays leverage this tool to have their products and services known in a creative way, such as hosting a giveaway or challenging users to help them reach a certain limit before revealing a surprise.
Well, in this day and age where competition is stiff, the only way to popularity is through creativity.
Make use of catchy phrases, funny memes, and generous incentives the next time you want to see your comment section flood.