LinkedIn Ads are already a highly effective method for reaching a target audience with the most professional approach. The future seems even brighter. There is no denying that LinkedIn doesn’t have as many users as Facebook.
Still, the fact that LinkedIn profiles are exclusively professionals makes the search engine marketing scene a delightful one for digital marketers.
From professional targeting to high conversion rate, everything about LinkedIn ads talks the language of efficiency, but do you really think the ads can operate well if the optimization is not executed correctly? Chances are pretty less.
Having said that, it is vital for you to be aware of the LinkedIn ads specs that can genuinely help your campaign perform.
But nothing to worry about. We’re done concluding all the required research.
Now without taking much time out of your schedule, let’s walk around the various types of LinkedIn ads and their respective specifications.
Linkedin Ad Specs: Text Ad
To begin with, our comprehensive guide to Linkedin Ad Sizes and Specs, let’s first walk around the specifications that fit perfectly for the text ads.
The LinkedIn Text Ads are one of the intuitive and easy to create ads for any customized campaign. Text Ads are designed in a manner that can be set up and managed pretty conveniently.
Text Ad Specifications:
- The Ad Image: The image that you’ll use in the Linkedin Text Ad needs to scale around 100 x 100 pixels.
- The Ad Headline: Limit the headline of Linkedin Text Ads to up to 25 characters.
- The Ad Description: Limit it up to 75 characters.
Text Ad Banner Sizes:
- 728 x 90
- 496 x 80
- 160 x 1600
- 17 x 700
- 300 x 250
- Mode of Appearance: Desktop Only.
- Click Tracking: Supported
Linkedin Ad Specs: Single Image
With the “Single Image Ads” ‘we’re generally looking at the headlined form of advertisements that most of the users prefer displaying over Linkedin. These are usually the Sponsored Content ad format which includes one image.
The image is intended to appear directly in the LinkedIn feed of your target audience. Having said that, it is essential you’re well aware of the Linkedin image ad specs.
LinkedIn Image Ad Specs
- Ad name: The section is entirely optional for the advertisers to use. In case you decide to go with it, make sure the limit is up to 255 characters.
- Introductory text: For Image Ads, Linkedin allows up to 600 characters. However, it is recommended to always keep the introduction text within 150 characters. It will help you reach mobile users in a better way. But in case you’re targeting the audience base which is entirely affixed to desktop usage, you can always get near the 600 marks. It is essential to keep in mind that if your ad has any legally required language, you should include it in this section of your ad.
- URLs length: The URLs you’ll be using while designing the ads must be limited to 23 characters. The URL will eventually get converted into short links automatically.
- Destination URL: Make sure the destination URL includes the “http://” “or https://” prefix. Talking about the character limit, well, you’ll have 2,000 characters for the destination link.
- Ad Image type: The image must be in either JPG or PNG format.
- Ad Image Size: The size of the image should be 5MB or less.
- Headline: Offers 200 characters max, but it is better to limit yourself to 70 characters and avoid truncation on mobile devices.
- Description: Recommended somewhere around 100 to 300 characters, with the least one being friendly or mobile users.
- Call-to-action (optional): While crafting an Image Ad, you can now embed a number of amazing call-to-actions. The premade ones include Learn More, Register, Join, Subscribe, Download, Apply, View Quote, Attend, and Request Demo. Choose one that fits the delivery of your ad.
- Image Ratio: Less than 1:1 (Horizontal), 1:1 (Square), More than 1:1 like 2:3, 9:16. 4:5. And more (Vertical)
Image Display Size (Rich Media)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.91:1
- Pixel: 1200 x 627 (max 400px in width)
- Max Weight: Around 100MB with a recommended pixels per inch of 72 PPI
LinkedIn Ad Specs: Video Ads
The importance of videos as a medium to reach people is gaining more exposure with every passing day. Promising digital marketing agencies are currently throwing up video ads to generate leads and conversions like never before.
No matter which social media platform we’re talking about, videos seem to perform the best, and the scenes are no different from Linkedin.
Before jumping right into the Linkedin ads specs or video ads, you must be aware that using YouTube or any other third-party video site is not permitted. The videos that you want to run as ads need to be uploaded into LinkedIn first.
In case you intend to use an external link, using the Single Image Ad format is the only way out. You can build the ad with the above-mentioned specs and put that external link as the destination URL.
LinkedIn Video Ad Specs:
- Ad name: You can use 255 characters at max to name your video ad. However, it is optional, and you can skip through.
- Introductory text: Similar to Image Ads, you can use up to 600 characters for the introduction.
- Video Length: Make sure your video is at least 3 seconds and at a max of 30 minutes long.
- Video size: The video should weigh more than or equals to 75 B. The upper limit for the same is 200MB
- Video format: You can only use videos in MP4 format.
- Frame rate: Limited to 30 Frames per second
- Resolution: 360px (480 x 360; wide 640 x 360)
- Resolution: 480px (640 x 480)
- Resolution: 720px (960 x 720; wide 1280 x 720)
- Resolution: 1080px (1440 x 1080; wide 1920 x 1080)
- Minimum Resolution: 600 x 600px
- Maximum Resolution: 1080 x 1080px
- Minimum Resolution: 500 x 625px
- Maximum Resolution: 1080 x 1920px
Suppose you decide to create Video ads with an aspect ratio of 1:1 aspect. In that case, the minimum resolution must be 600 x 600px, while the maximum resolution is set to 1080 x 1080px.
- Audio format: Supports AAC or MPEG4 only
- Audio size: Ensure the audio is less than 64KHz
- Video captions: In case you’re uploading captions, make sure they are in SRT format.
- Video headline: Although LinkedIn allows 200 characters for headline, the preferable limit is 70 characters.
- Destination URL: The URLs must initiate with “http://” or “https://.” The character limit for the same is 2,000.
- Call-to-action (CTA): You can select and access various CTAs.
LinkedIn Ad Specs: Carousel Ads
Displaying multiple media files for your ads is great. Carousel ads allow you to share the story of your brand and connect with your audience in a better way.
But do you know, you can’t edit them once saved? Pretty alarming, right. So make sure you have the LinkedIn Carousel Ad Specs sorted properly.
LinkedIn Carousel Ad Specs
- Ad name: 255 characters is the limit to name your carousel ad on LinkedIn.
- Introductory text: Supports up to 255 characters; however, limiting the introduction text to 150 characters is a better idea to avoid truncation on mobile devices.
- Cards Volume: At least two cards need to get used while devising a carousel ad. The maximum number is ten.
Again you must make sure that the individual cards must fulfill other requirements, which include
- Maximum size: 10 MB
- Image specs (Recommended)Resolution: 1080×1080 pixels
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Formats: JPG, PNG and also GIF but only the non-animated ones
- Headline Text: Limit the headline text for each image card to two lines. For Non-Lead gen, the limit is less than 45 characters. At the same time, the limit for lead gen form is less than 30 characters.
- Destination URL: 45-character is the limit for carousel ads destination URL
- CTA: Various options to choose from. These include, Learn More, Register, Join, Subscribe, Download, Apply, View Quote, Attend, and Request Demo.
Other Key Notable Points For LinkedIn Carousel Ad Specs:
- Lead Gen Form CTA: 0 character is the limit
- Eligibility to Use LinkedIn Audience Network: Carousel ad campaigns are ineligible.
LinkedIn Ad Specs: Message Ads
Message Ads are a special way to reach your audience directly. The form is similar to what you usually do to connect with your friends. However, like any other LinkedIn ad, there is a strict specification to get yourself acquainted with.
SO next time you wish to reach a particular individual on LinkedIn with your message ad, keep the following specs in mind.
LinkedIn Message Ad Specs:
- Subject Line: Limited to 60 characters.
- Body: Up to 1,500 characters. Although not necessary, make sure to structure it well.
- Outbound links: Maximum 3
- Hyperlinked Text: You can use up to 70 characters for this purpose.
- CTA Button: LinkedIn allows up to 20 characters.
- Sender: You can select this from the available advertisers. In case you wish the sender to be someone from the derided company, you’ll need to get in touch with LinkedIn and ask them to set up the entire procedure for you.
- Cap: Limited to 1 message in 30 days.
LinkedIn Ad Specs: Conversation Ads
Pretty similar to Facebook’s Messenger Ads, the Conversation ads can be pretty promising if properly utilized. Conversations are really efficient to get someone into your side, and the same goes for enhancing brand awareness or engagement.
- CTA Button Character Limit: 25.
- CTA Button: Minimum 2 and Maximum 5.
- Body Text Character Limit: 500
- Banner: 300 x 250px (but only for desktop viewers)
- Cap: 30-day frequency.
LinkedIn Specs: Dynamic Ads
Are you after creating an ad that revolves more around personalized content? Well, then Dynamic Ads need to have your attention. Usually, two forms of Dynamic Ads are more prominent, namely Follower Ads and Spotlight Ads.
A one-stop destination for those who’re after generating followers for your LinkedIn Page. These are crafted from the member profile data. Other elements do appear in these kinds of ads. They generally include member first names, associate organizations, and more.
LinkedIn Follower Ad Specs:
- Template: LinkedIn allows you to either choose from the given template or write one on your own.
- Ad Description: You can use up to 70 characters, including spaces. The ad description is located above the images used.
- Ad headline: It features below the image, and you can use up to 50 characters max.
- Company name: The limit is set to 25 characters max that includes spaces as well. The Company names are displayed entirely when any member (audience) places their cursor on the logo you use.
- Minimum image size: 100 x 100px
- Format: JPG or PNG
Call-to-action (CTA): You can select from various CTAs available.
- Visit company: It is the default option that redirects to the very Page tab of your LinkedIn Page.
- Visit jobs: Clicking on this will redirect users to the Jobs tab of your LinkedIn Page that you’ll need to create prior to building ads.
- Visit life: Simply redirects to the Life tab associated with your LinkedIn Page.
Introducing Spotlight Ads, the ones that are meant to redirect and land members directly to either your website or the landing page, whichever you prefer. Similar to the Follower Ads, Spotlight Ads also deal in the corresponding member profile data.
LinkedIn Spotlight Ad Specs:
- Description: Limited to 70 characters if you decide to write your own ad description instead of choosing the template.
- Ad headline: Similar to the description, choosing to go for manual input will allow you up to 50 characters.
- Company Name: Up to 25 characters, including spaces.
- Image Used: 100 x 100 px
- Format: JPG or PNG.
- CTA: Max 18 characters.
- Customized Background Image: 300 x 250 px
Some Other Essential LinkedIn Ads Specs
If you’re looking for new faces in the company and willing to offer job opportunities, nothing can be better than the Job ads. This form of LinkedIn ads usually leverages member profile data and uses the same to promote one or more job opportunities.
These are some of those dynamically generated ads that you can usually see in the “Jobs You May Be Interested In” format.
LinkedIn Job Ads Specs:
- Company name: Limited up to 25 characters with spaces.
- Company logo: The optimum size for company logo is 100 x 100px
- Ad headline: Just like how dynamic ads work, you can either opt from the given template or write your own. The custom text, however, limits to 70 characters, including spaces as usual.
- Call-to-action (CTA) button: You can simply choose from one of the pre-set CTAs for the label. Another alternative is providing a custom text.
Content Ads are the ones that can help you get your media files downloaded. It is an efficient way to drive more engagement to your LinkedIn page by providing materialistic value to your audiences.
LinkedIn Content Ad Specs:
- Primary CTA: You can use up to 75 characters, including spaces (if you decided to write your own)
- Company name: Limited to 25 characters.
- Company logo: Optimum image size: 100 x 100px. Company Logo is optional in this form of LinkedIn ad.
- Document name: At most, 50 characters can be used
- Format: PDF
- Size: 10MB Max
- Document preview: At max, five images can be used as a preview. The required resolution is somewhere around 81 x 104 px preview pages.
- Displaying the number of LinkedIn: Flexible, you can either choose to turn on the visibility Page followers or turn it off.
LinkedIn Ads Specs Sorted
Whether you choose to go with Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, or something else, no ads can help you until you’re aware of the specifications that fit in perfectly. In this session, we’ve covered the ones for LinkedIn in detail.
From LinkedIn carousel ad specs to LinkedIn image ad specs, from the video ads to the text ads, the article talk about every other advertisement option that can help you drive desired attention and engagement in a very fruitful manner.