Perhaps the app has started giving you issues, and you’re left to wonder how to update NordVPN.
The first consideration when thinking about updating NordVPN or any other application is the device in question.
Each operating system has its own process, and you need to know which suits yours.
To update NordVPN, you need to determine the method for your specific device and operating system.
For Windows, you can update it through the “Start” button by selecting the app and picking the NordVPN upgrade option.
You can upgrade it from the settings menu on a macOS device.
And you’ll update via commands on Linux and the Play Store on Android. Finally, iOS users can use the App Store to upgrade.
In this article, I’ll show you how to update NordVPN on any device without problems.
What You Should Know About App Updates
Updating your apps one by one can be frustrating. However, the update will happen automatically if the client is appropriately configured.
Still, knowing how it all operates is essential. Moreover, there are different types of devices, each with a unique pattern.
We recommend that users switch to the latest version of NordVPN as soon as possible.
After all, a fully patched client has a significant performance advantage when dealing with possible cyberattacks.
How to Update NordVPN
Let’s take a look at the different device operating systems to determine how updating NordVPN works on each:
To update on Windows:
- Open the Start Menu on your computer
- Select Settings
- The next step is to access the Apps menu and select uninstall/upgrade apps.
- Using the provided list, select NordVPN. You might select to see if there are any newer versions available.
- If an update is available, select it by clicking Update now and then waiting for the Wizard to finish loading.
- Once that’s done, just follow the on-screen prompts to finish updating the app.
Here’s the process for updating NordVPN for Mac:
- Begin with running the app on your Mac
- Then, navigate the settings by selecting the gear icon in the upper right.
- Then, activate the Automatic update feature by going to the General settings. You can now set up automatic updates for your VPN.
Once you know the right CLI (command-line interface) codes, it may be easy to update Linux. Here’s how to update your NordVPN on Linux:
- Open a Command prompt window.
- Then, enter the following codes/commands: “sudo apt-get update,” “sudo apt-get upgrade,” and “sudo apt-get install nordvpn.”
- The renewal of your NordVPN subscription will occur automatically when the upgrade has finished.
When an update is available, the Android phone will tell the user and ask them to download it.
- Selecting the alert will launch the Google Play Store
- Click on your profile image in the upper right. You’ll be taken to a new menu where you may pick Manage apps & devices.
- Then, select NordVPN from the list that appears in the Manage section.
- Select Update, and then wait for the update to download.
Like the Android version of NordVPN, the iOS version will let you know when an update is ready.
- Start by looking for NordVPN on the iOS App Store. You may tap the alert to launch the NordVPN software from the App Store.
- After that, select the tab labeled “Update,” wait for the download to finish, and your NordVPN will be brought up to date.
At this point, you should be able to update your VPN, no matter your device.
Now that you know all about updating NordVPN on your device feel free to go ahead and enjoy the app.