Want to work out how to unpin a pin on Pinterest? Then you’ve come to the right place.
There are a lot of things that you can do on Pinterest, from being able to save pins that you discover and want to be able to refer back to at some point, to being able to share your own pins that might inspire others.
However, if you are pretty new to the Pinterest scene, then you might be finding it difficult to work out how to unpin a pin.
The good news is that we’ve got the information that you need. Let’s take a look.
On Mobile for Pins
- Open Pinterest on your smartphone. If you aren’t logged in, you will need to do so.
- Select the profile icon at the bottom right of the screen on iPhone, or top of the screen on Android.
- Select a board to open it. Within this you can remove selected pins.
- Select and hold a pin. This will prompt a few options to appear.
- Find the ‘edit’ option. It will look like a pencil, and it will be between the airplane icon, and the push pin icon. Take your finger off the screen. The edit menu will come up.
- Select ‘delete’ which will be at the bottom of the screen.
- Select ‘delete’ to confirm. This will pop up at the bottom of your screen. This will remove the pin from your page, and take you back to the main board page.
On Mobile for Boards
- Open Pinterest on your smartphone.
- Select the profile icon at the bottom on iPhone, and at the top on Android.
- Select a board, which will open the board so you can see all of your pins.
- Select the ‘edit’ icon, which is the pencil icon.
- Select ‘delete board’ which will be at the bottom of the screen.
- Select ‘delete’ to confirm.
On Desktop for Pins
- Go to the Pinterest website. If you aren’t already logged in, you will need to do so.
- Click on the profile icon. This will be person shaped and located at the top right.
- Select a board, which will open it. You can see your specific pins.
- Place your mouse over a pin. Several icons will appear.
- Select the pencil icon.
- Select ‘delete pin’. This is in the bottom left hand corner.
- Select ‘delete pin’ when asked. This will get rid of the pin from the board.
On Desktop for Boards
- Go to the Pinterest website and log in.
- Select the ‘profile’ icon.
- Place your mouse over the board, so that you can see an ‘edit’ button appear.
- Select ‘edit’, which will open the ‘edit’ window of the board.
- Select ‘delete board’, which is located in the bottom right hand corner.
- Choose ‘delete board’ when asked. This will remove the board and all of its pins.
What Is a Pin on Pinterest?
A pin on Pinterest is a bookmark that you can use to save content that you like and discover on Pinterest.
You can look for pins and find the ones that you really like, and then you can save them by selecting on a pin.
If you are using a business Pinterest account, then you can create a pin that links back to your website.
Why Would I Want to Learn how To Unpin a Pin on Pinterest?
Perhaps you have pinned pins in the past on Pinterest that you don’t resonate with anymore, and you don’t want people to associate those pins with you.
If you have been on Pinterest for a while, then there is a good chance that your tastes have changed over the years, and now you are trying to achieve a completely different look.
The good news is that learning how to unpin a pin on Pinterest is possible.
What Else Can I Use Pinterest For?
There are many things that you can use Pinterest for, from learning how to craft and cook, to showing your community practical and fun ideas that you have come up with as well.
When figuring out how to unpin a pin on Pinterest, you are levelling up in the skill department, and making sure that you can stay ahead of the pack.
Just like other popular social media sites, Pinterest is well known now for its craft, home décor images that people like to share with one another.
Whether you have a business or personal account, when you learn how to unpin a pin on Pinterest, you learn how to hone your style better, so that people can resonate with your content more.