If you’re a music lover, Spotify should be a well-known name to you and you should know how to view your Spotify play history.
In the last few years, as people’s interest in music has considerably increased, Spotify has become a reputed platform among those who enjoy music.
Spotify is a globally leading audio content streaming platform that’s currently being used and enjoyed by millions of users all around the globe.
The service offers a massive library of songs and other audio content.
For those who regularly stream their favorite playlist on Spotify, they must often wonder if there is a way to access the Spotify history of the music that you’ve played in the past.
Well, the good part is that Spotify has the provision to see your song’s history.
Spotify history can be really helpful to get similar suggestions or the song whose name you have forgotten.
The order of the history is corresponding to the actual date and time you have listened to a song or podcast on Spotify.
This ensures that there is no confusion when you’re sorting out the Spotify play history.
How Can I View My Spotify Play History?
Spotify records your daily habits, which you can view immediately on the application installed on your phone or PC.
You can view your favorite frequently heard albums and episodes immediately on the start page or you can go a bit lower to access the full history of the previous weeks.
The history feature can be highly useful as it keeps the track of all the albums and music tracks you have been listening to lately.
You can share it with your friends as well if you wish.
Is It Possible to See the Most Frequently Played Tracks on Spotify?
Users of the Spotify service get a well-dedicated platform that displays top albums and content creators right on its home page.
You can use the interface to see the top-ranking songs, tracks, and podcasts that are going viral on Spotify.
Log in to the official website of Spotify to begin your musical experience. Users can decide to see their music bands or vocal artists on top of their feeds.
Spotify also displays a customized list of all the artists whose content you’ve played frequently in the last one month, six months, or since you started using the streaming service.
To do this, the platform first analyzes the kind of music you prefer and the artists whose songs you listen to regularly.
Based on this, it comes up with a customized selection.
The platform also shows the recent songs that you have heard. It also mentions the date and time when you played a song last time.
What Is the Best Way to Watch Spotify Play History on Your Mobile Device?
After browsing on the main page, you will see the latest previous Spotify collection and podcast record.
Your music viewing information is stored at a different location. The process to access history is the same for Android and iOS devices.
To access your Spotify record on an iOS or Android device, follow the given steps:
- Launch Spotify and select the Home option.
- On the top right side, you should see a clock symbol. Tap on it.
- To see more of personal history, simply touch and hold it while moving upward.
- To access all the songs you heard on a certain day, press the “See all ## played” option.
- Hit the display and keep scrolling to know all the music you played that day or click the back option to view a playlist.
How to Check Spotify Play History on an iOS Device?
If you’re using an iPhone, you get the feature to check your previously streamed tracks from the last few months. The process is quite simple.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to access your Spotify play history:
- Launch the Spotify application on your device.
- Tap on the clock logo that is present adjacent to the Settings option.
- A display will open up. From here, you can see all the tracks you streamed lately. Move to the bottom to access the songs you enjoyed in the last few months.
If you want detailed information on your tracking history, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch the internet browser on your device.
- In the search box, input “Spotify Account.”
- Tap on the “Go” button.
- Click on “Login-Spotify.”
- Provide your credentials to login to your account and press “Login.”
- Click on the “Account Overview” option.
- You may find an option with a small arrow icon. It’s present in the upper corner of your display. Tap on it.
- From the menu, choose “Privacy settings.”
- Move to the “Download your data” space.
- Go back to the search box that we saw in Step 2. Select the “Request” option.
- Hit on the “OK” button.
- Then, open your Email.
- Confirm the verification mail from Spotify.
It’s done. After this, you will need to waitfor some time to receive an email, which will provide you with complete data of your Spotify play history.
How Can I View My Spotify Play History Using the PC Version?
You can easily view your playing history with the Spotify PC version.
On the dashboard, a brief listing of previous viewing data is shown and an extensive list is accessible in the queue area.
To view personal Spotify play history on the PC version, follow these steps:
- On the lower right side, hit the queue icon.
- Choose the “Recently played” option.
- The screen will display your previous play history.
How to Access the Tracks and Songs That You Have Played Recently?
Spotify has made it more convenient to get a summary of your frequently heard playlists and songs.
Both smartphone and PC Spotify apps’ home screens have a recently played segment with the frequently played tracks and songs.
The PC version enables you to access the whole collection.
This technique is appropriate for viewing albums and listening to audio but not specific songs.
On the main screen of the smartphone application, there is a “Recently Played” area, however, it is restricted.
You can access your history in detail only if you use the PC application.
To access your Spotify play history, follow the steps given below:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Spotify application’s start menu.
- Find the “Recently played” area and choose “SEE ALL.”
- This tab displays all previously streamed albums.
We hope that this article helped you in understanding how you can access your Spotify play history and keep a track of your streaming habits.
Below, we have mentioned a few of the most frequently asked questions related to Spotify play history.
Why Is There so Much Hype About Spotify Wrapped?
Wrapped is a personalized session that highlights the tracks you’ve played most frequently in the preceding year and is released by Spotify in the last month of every year.
It’s a great experience that many people look forward to with great enthusiasm.
The results are frequently unexpected and the best part is that you do not have to do anything to be a part of it.
Spotify automatically produces a Wrapped album for everyone.
Is It Possible to See the Music You Frequently Listen to On Spotify?
Indeed, it is possible to see your Spotify Play history. In “Recently Played,” you can see the music you’ve lately enjoyed listening to.
Both on Android and iPhone devices, this service is present.
To check your previously listened music on your phone, go to “Home.” Then, go to “Recently Played.” It is a timer with a round arrow indicator.
On your PC, select the “Play Queue” button on the lower right-hand side of the application to see the last 50tracks you played.
How to Access the Entire Spotify Play History?
There are multiple methods available for users to access their listening history on Spotify. A beta feature has been launched for iOS applications recently.
With this feature, people can see all the tracks they have played in the last few months directly on their “Home” tab.
The “Add Songs” option is available on the smartphone version of Spotify. Using this feature, you will get a rough idea of your previous streaming history.
To get complete detailed information about your Spotify play history, you can follow the methods we have mentioned earlier in the article.
How to Check Spotify Play History Using Spotify Wrapped?
You can make use of the wrapped feature from Spotify to check your previously streamed tracks.
For example, a 20XX year Wrapped will tell you about all the different kinds of tracks you had played in that year.
This will provide you with clarity on your listening habits. You will get to know about the top tracks, audios, playlists, etc.
In other words, Spotify wrapped tells you about the tracks and playlists that you have played most frequently in that year.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to use this feature for analyzing your past listening routine:
1. Open the Spotify app.
2. If using the web version, go to the official website and log in to your account.
3. Input “20XX Wrapped” in the search box to proceed.
4. The app will display a playlist by the title “Your Top Songs in 20XX.” Tap on the title.
5. Now, you can see the top 100 tracks you had most frequently streamed in that year.
The above-mentioned steps can be used on Android and iOS apps, along with the web version on PC, to check Spotify play history with Spotify Wrapped.