What software can I use to record screen and camera at the same time? We’re here to answer this question for you!
There are various screen recorders that offer the feature of recording screen and camera at that same time. In this article, we introduce you to the best software with this feature.
The screen recorders listed in this article exceed other popular screen recorders in terms of features, user-friendliness, price, and more!
So without wasting any more time, let’s get straight into the article!
How to Record Screen and Camera at the Same Time on Windows? 2 Ways.
On Windows Operating System, the best way to record screen and camera at the same time is with the help of trusted third-party software.
Here, we introduce you to our picks of the 2 best screen recorders that allow you to record screen and camera simultaneously.
Method 1. The Easiest Way to Record Camera and Screen at the Same Time
If you want to record your camera and screen simultaneously without facing any hassle, then you should try using the HitPaw Screen Recorder for this purpose.
HitPaw Screen Recorder is an easy and simple screen recorder that allows you to record your screen as well as your camera in a few simple steps.
HitPaw Screen Recorder is a multi-purpose software and it is popular for the several features that it offers.
HitPaw Screen Recorder offers three different recording modes – record screen, record webcam, and Picture in Picture.
Furthermore, it also gives users the option to record videos with system audio, with microphone audio, or without audio.
The Picture in Picture recording mode allows users to record their screen and webcam at the same time.
Users can also select a certain layout to define the positions of the webcam recording and the screen recording on the video.
HitPaw Screen Recorder is also known for its simple and easy user interface. Its simple interface makes the software perfect for beginners and professionals.
Users don’t need to have immense knowledge of screen recorders to be able to properly use the HitPaw Screen Recorder.
Moreover, HitPaw Screen Recorder also offers video editing features that you can use to make your recording more interesting.
After recording the video, HitPaw Screen Recorder allows you to use the Cut tool to remove any unnecessary parts of the video.
With all these interesting and useful features coupled with the incredible user-friendliness of the software, you will certainly not be disappointed after using HitPaw Screen Recorder.
To ensure that you don’t face any inconvenience during the process, here is a step-by-step guide of how you can record screen and camera simultaneously by using the HitPaw Screen Recorder.
- To begin, you need to download and install the HitPaw Screen Recorder on your computer.
- After successfully installing the software, launch it and select the “Picture in Picture” from the home page.
- Now, you need to select the area of the screen that you want to record. You can long-click and drag your mouse to define this area. You can use the tools from the top toolbar to select the layout of the video.
- Press the red record button when you wish to start recording. You can use other options from the toolbar to capture a screenshot at any time during recording or to pause the recording. Hit the stop button to end the video.
- From the next page, you can cut your video to remove any unnecessary portions. Press “Open output folder” to check the video.
Method 2. The Most Professional Way to Record Camera and Screen at the Same Time
If you’re trying to find a more professional screen recorder for yourself, then OBS Studio is a great option for you.
Open Broadcaster Software or OBS is a free and open-source screen recording software that lets you record your screen, webcam, or both screen and webcam at the same time.
OBS is incredibly popular among content creators because of the variety of features that it offers.
OBS doesn’t only support recording, but it also allows users to stream live on streaming platforms, like YouTube Live and Twitch.
Apart from recording, OBS is also a great video editing software! OBS offers the most basic as well as advanced video editing features that you can use to enhance your videos.
The best part about OBS is that it is completely free to use!
OBS Studio offers a professional user interface that is beneficial in creating a professional work environment allowing users to work easily and conveniently.
Furthermore, OBS allows you to record videos of ultra-high quality up to 4K and even 8K.
In comparison with other popular screen recorders, OBS Studio is remarkable software that you should definitely try out!
Now, let’s take a look at how you can record your camera and screen at the same time by using OBS Studio.
- Download and install OBS Studio from the official site. After installation, launch the software.
- From the bottom-left corner, tap on the “+” option under “Sources” and select “Video Capture Device”. Enter a suitable name and hit “OK”. Select your camera from the device option and enter the desired resolution. Once again, hit “OK”.
- Again, tap on “+” under the “Sources” menu. Select “Display Capture”. Enter a suitable name for the layer and hit “OK”. Now, select the desired resolution for the video and hit “OK” again.
- From the “Sources” tab, drag the layer that you want to superimpose on the top.
- Resize the Camera layer by long-clicking and dragging the red boundaries of the corresponding layer. Reposition the Camera layer by dragging it to the required position.
- Hit “Start Recording” when you want to begin the video. Hit “Stop Recording” to end the recording.
How to Record Screen and Camera at the Same Time on Mac
If you’re a Mac user and looking for a simple Mac record screen and camera software, then you should try using Screencast-O-Matic.
Screencast-O-Matic is an affordable and user-friendly Mac software that you can use to record high-quality videos in the comfort of your home.
Screencast-O-Matic allows users to record their screen, record webcam, or record webcam and screen at the same time.
Moreover, Screencast-O-Matic offers basic video editing features that you may use to make your videos more interesting.
Several individuals prefer Screencast-O-Matic over other popular screen recorders because of its incredible user-friendliness.
You will not encounter any difficulty when using Screencast-O-Matic to record your screen and webcam.
Screencast-O-Matic also offers a free and web-based version of the tool that users can use to record videos up to 15 minutes long.
Using this online screen recorder, users can test out the different features offered by Screencast-O-Matic.
With that said, let’s understand how you can record screen and camera simultaneously on Mac using Screencast-O-Matic.
- First and foremost, you need to download and install the Screencast-O-Matic software on your Mac device.
- After installation, launch the software and select “Both” from the home page to enable the Picture in Picture effect.
- Now, you can resize the Webcam layer for Picture in Picture recording by simply dragging the edges of the webcam preview.
- Hit the red “Rec” button to begin the Picture in Picture recording. Once done, hit the same button once again to stop the recording.
Honestly, it is pretty simple to record screen and camera at the same time. All you have to do is search for the right software that offers this feature.
Fortunately for you, you already know about the top screen recorders that you can use for this purpose.
Be sure to check out each screen recorder mentioned in this article and let us know which one worked best for you.