Buy Snapchat Followers
Do you want to know how to make a private story on Snapchat?
Snapchat is an American instant messaging app. The service is owned by Snap Inc.
The main feature of this social media platform is that the instant messages and pictures that you share will only be accessible for a limited time.
It started as primarily a picture-sharing app, and its main focus was “person-to-person” photo sharing.
Today there are some added features like “Stories” which store a visual record of the last 24 hours presented chronologically.
Snapchat also offers the “Discover” feature which showcases ad-supported short-form content.
The privacy settings also extend to “my eyes only,” a feature that allows the user to store photos in a password-protected space.
Like some other social media platforms, Snapchat also offers end-to-end encryption. It has plans for future expansion in this area.
How to Make a Private Story on Snapchat: Snapchat Stories Explained
Snapchat Stories is a major feature of this social media platform. The app offers two primary types of stories – “My Stories” and “Private Stories.”
If you create a photo or record a video and share them on Snapchat, your content is publicly displayed by default.
If you want to share your content with limited viewers, you can adjust your privacy settings on Snapchat to “Private.”
Now, you can create a custom story, and make it private. It now falls under the category of “Private Stories.”
“Private Stories” unlike “My Stories” lets you decide who can view a post before publishing it.
You have exclusive editing rights to your Private Stories and no one else.
How to Create a Private Story on Snapchat
There are two ways to do this. We cover both methods here. Let’s take a look at how to make a private story on Snapchat.
Using Snap Tab to Make a Private Story
In this method, you will open the app and use the “Snap Tab” to make a private story and share it with recipients of your choice. Here are the basic steps:
- The “Snap Tab” is the area of the app which activates your device’s camera, and where you can record a video or click a photograph. Tap the circle at the bottom center of any tab in the app to locate the Snap Tab.
- You can also swipe from left to right from the “Conversations” or “Discover” tab.
Here are the steps to follow:
- In the Snap tab, take a photo or record a video (you will also get the option to upload a video or photo) and tap “Send To.”
- Take a photo or video in the Snap tab or upload the content.
- Tap the “Send To” icon in the bottom right.
- Choose the option to add a new story, then tap on the option for a new story.
- Your list of “Best Friends” will pop up. You will also see “Recents,” “Groups,” and “Friends.” Select the relevant contacts that you wish to include in your Private Story.
- The friends or groups that you select will feature a blue checkmark. Their profile photos will also appear beside their names.
- You can deselect any friend or group by tapping them again.
- Tap the checkmark and now your Private Story is shared with the limited recipients of your choice.
- There is a padlock icon beside Private Stories to distinguish them from My Stories.
- Friends will see the complete list of Private Stories and My Stories, but only intended recipients can view the Private Stories from the list.
- In some Android devices, My Stories and Private Stories appear separately.
Using Your Profile to make a Private Story
In this method for figuring out how to make a private story on Snapchat, you need to open your profile page. Once you open it, you can create a Private Story by following the steps given below:
- Tap on “+ New Story.”
- Tap on “Private Story.”
- A list pops up featuring “Recents,” “Groups,” “Best Friends,” and “Friends.”
- After adding people, tap on the checkmark on the bottom right of the screen.
- Now, you will see the field for the Private Story name.
- Key in the name of your Private Story.
- You can tap “View this Story” to include anyone in a last-minute entry.
- You can untick the “Auto-Save to Memories” checkbox to not save. If you want to save your Private Story to your Memories, you must tick the checkbox.
- At this stage, you cannot select “Add to this Story” as all Private Stories can only be added by you, the creator of the stories.
- Tap the blue button that says “Create Story” and your Private Story is Published.
- The newly created Private Story’s name will appear on the list of published stories in the “Stories” section on your profile.
When you are recording videos or taking photos, you can also add to your Private Story. You just need to tap “Send to” on the main Snap Tab and then tap the name of the story you want to add your content to.
You will see three vertical dots to the right of the Story name.
Tap those dots and then tap “Add to Story” to add more videos and photos to a selected Private Story.
You can also amend a Private Story from your profile by tapping the three vertical dots and selecting options to delete, change story settings or change the autosave to “on” or “off.”
Get more from Snapchat by creating your Private Stories and sharing them with your special online buddies.
Use either of these methods to create captivating Private Stories to share with your friends and family, so that you can figure out how to make a private story on Snapchat.