Last Updated on December 30, 2020 by Jason
Installing the Button
- Go to the button browser webpage, which is https://about.pinterest.com/en/browser-button. You can install it on Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
- Select the browser button on the right side of the page – it’s red. You will get further instructions on how to install it. For Chrome, select ‘add extension’ when asked. Then refresh the page.
For Firefox, select ‘allow’ on the top-left side of the page when asked, and select ‘install’.
For Safari, select the download arrow on the top right, then double click on the setup file and select ‘install’.For Internet Explorer, select ‘run’ at the bottom of the page, then ‘install’. Close your browser, then re-open it again after following the prompts.
- Find the Pinterest browser button, which will be a red button with the ‘p’ inside in white. If you don’t see it, then close your browser and open it again. You might need to try and install it again if it doesn’t come up after this.
Using the Button
- Find a site with images that you want to pin. Normally, you can’t pin pictures from social media.
- Select the Pinterest browser button. It will be at the top right of your browser. You will need to wait a couple of seconds before the page shows the results.
- Select the image that you want to save, by clicking ‘save’. It will be at the top left of the image when you place your mouse over it. This will open a new window asking you to choose a board. You will have to log in if you aren’t already.
- Select ‘save’ found at the right of the board’s name. You will be able to add the image to the board you’ve got in mind. You can also create a new board at the bottom of the window.