There are many different ways to discover the IP addresses of people you meet on Omegle. In this article, we will talk about some of the simplest methods of finding out the IP addresses of others on Omegle.
When it started out, Omegle became widely famous for being an anonymous social media network where you could chat with various people around the world at random.
Understanding how the platform works is very easy as well – all you need to do is tap on the Start Chat button and a random stranger will be immediately paired with you.
You do not have to register your profile here or even come up with a pseudonym. Due to these factors, most users at Omegle are at the liberty to lie or even harass you.
With the help of an IP lookup tool, you can easily find out the IP person of a person, even if he/she is lying about their location and you want to find out their real location.
You should know that you will have to find the IP address of the person out on your own; even if the platform collects the IP addresses of its users, they are only used internally.
The information will only be released on court orders, which only means that you will get the data if you actually have an emergency case. Thankfully, there are quite some tricks that can help you get the IP address of any Omegle user.
In this article, we will be talking about two of the most commonly used methods that can help you get the IP addresses of any person you come across on Omegle.
Additionally, we will also talk about various methods of learning how to spoof your IP location and keep it protected and hidden against IP tracking.
Ways to Find Out Someone’s IP Address on Omegle
Yes, there is a method of procuring the IP address of a person on Omegle. However, this method requires you to be a very sociable person.
This is because you need to get that person to click on a link that is sent by you. Or else, you will not be able to get the IP address of that individual.
In Omegle, you or the other person can stop chatting midway and you both will not be paired again. In this aspect, you need to remember how to be smart so that you can trick the person to click on the link.
There are two different methods that can help you get the IP address of any user in Omegle.
Use an Already-made IP Grabber
One of the quickest and easiest methods of getting the IP address of any user is to make use of an already-made IP grabber.
Also commonly called the IP logger, an IP grabber is a website that logs the user’s IP addresses and provides the data to you.
One of the most popular IP logger tools in the market is the Grabify IP Logger; this tool can be used for free and does not require you to create an account here or register for a profile. All you need to do is use the tool to generate a URL.
Once the URL is generated, you will have to provide the URL to the user; once he/she clicks on it, you will have their IP address. Let us learn about how to use the services of Grabify with these steps:
- The first step here is to create appropriate web content; ensure that you get the URL of a website that is interesting for the user. If the user is not interested in the content, he/she will not click on the URL, you will never get their IP address.
- Once you have copied the URL of the preferred content, you simply need to head over to the homepage of Grabify. Here, you need to paste the URL in the blank input space that you see right on the screen.
- Here, you will have to tap on the Create URL button. With this, the tool will work to come up with a shortened URL for you. Alongside this, you will also get the shortened URL of the tracking code that will track all the IP addresses that have been logged.
- Now, you need to visit the Omegle webpage and start chatting. While you are chatting, you need to casually ask the user to click on the link that you have provided.
- Once the person has tapped on the link that you have provided, you need to revisit the Grabify website. In the Input form, you need to paste the tracking code. Instead of the Create URL button, tap on the Tracking Code button.
- After you have followed these steps, you will start seeing the information of all requests that have been sent by clicking on the shortened URL. Based on the location from where the request is sent, you will see the corresponding IP address. Apart from the IP address, you will also have access to other types of data like the individual’s operating system, his/her user agent, etc.
Create a Custom Omegle IP Grabber
Of course, the method mentioned above may not work effectively for every user; not all people can casually and socially talk to people enough that makes them click on the Grabify link.
Also, the above-mentioned method is very much dependent on the shortened URLs, which have developed a wrong rep since most Internet users are wary of the nature of these URLs.
If you make use of Omegle on a daily basis and are on the lookout for a system that is reliable and always works to grab the IP address of any user, you will have to create a website from scratch. Of course, this website needs to look convincing enough to serve as bait for your targets.
In this section, let us look into how to do so and successfully grab the IP addresses of any person you are chatting with on the platform.
- As mentioned above, the first step here is to create a website. You can do so using any of the programming and coding languages you already know. Alternatively, you can also make use of a web application if you have no knowledge of any coding or programming language. Now, there are two important considerations here – ensure that the web app or website is convincing and interesting and also make sure that the website includes the functionality for capturing the IP address. If you are a programmer, this task should not be too difficult for you.
- With the help of a free hosting service, you need to host the website. Thankfully, there are many suitable hosting plans you can find and use for free. If you want to look out for some great hosting plans, you simply need to tap here.
- Now, you need to head over to a domain registrar, like GoDaddy and purchase the cheapest domain name. If you are a new user, you can easily buy a dot com domain at GoDaddy for not more than US$0.99.
- Once your web page has been set up successfully, you will now have a platform that can help you capture the IP address of any user you find on Omegle. When you are talking with the Omegle user, you can simply direct the individual to your website. Once the person visits your website, you can simply grab their IP address.
How to Prevent IP Tracking on Omegle
Of course, as you are trying to grab the IP addresses of other Omegle users, some people are trying to find out yours. When you are talking generally, you are not in any immediate danger if a person has your IP address.
However, when paired with advanced hacking techniques, a skillful hacker can easily make use of the said information to shut your network down with the help of a DDoS Attack; the hacker may even be able to gain access to your computer system remotely.
This is one of the many reasons why you should always spoof your IP address. You can make use of VPNs and proxies for the same.
FAQs About Omegle IP Finders
Is It Illegal to Find Out the IP Address of Someone on Omegle?
It is not illegal to find out the IP address of any user. IP addresses are types of data that can be used for identification and are unique to various devices.
Each time a device is used to send a web request, the IP addresses are used. However, the reason why you make use of an IP address can be seen as illegal.
Do Omegle Track IP Addresses of Users?
Of course, Omegle is a social networking platform that keeps the location and identity of its members anonymous. However, it is also not anonymous since the platform can track your location using cookies and IP addresses.
Therefore, the site can track your location. In such cases, you can make use of a proxy server or a VPN to hide your IP location.
As mentioned above several times, Omegle is an anonymous social networking site. This means that you will find people at random to chat with. You will have no idea as to who the person is, except for whatever they tell you.
Hence, getting a hold of their IP addresses will help you gain information about their used devices and location.