Using an iPad, Android or iPhone
- Open Pinterest on your device.
- Select the hexagon with the circle inside. This will open your menu.
- Select ‘edit settings’.
- Select ‘close account’. This will permanently delete your Pinterest profile, as well as any content it includes. If you want to just disable your account, select ‘edit settings’ and then ‘deactivate account’ instead. Your account can’t be seen by anyone while it’s disabled, but you’re able to reactivate it when you want to.
- Select ‘close account’ in the email you’ve received from Pinterest. Your account will stay deactivated for 14 days, just in case you change your mind. If you sign back in within this timeframe, your account will automatically reactivate.
Using a Computer
- Visit Pinterest on your computer via your web browser.
- Select ‘…’ which is at the top right of the page.
- Select ‘edit settings’ on the menu that has popped up.
- Select ‘account settings’.
- Select ‘close account’. It is in the ‘account changes’ header, which is at the bottom of the page. This option will permanently delete your profile, but if you want to just deactive it, choose ‘deactivate account’, and select ‘next’.
- Select a reason why and click ‘next’. A confirmation screen will come up. Click ‘deactivate account’ to temporarily disable your account.
- Select ‘send email’, where you will receive a confirmation message from Pinterest to the email address that is linked to your profile. You will need to click on a link in the email to complete the process.
- Select ‘yes close account’ within the email. Your account will remain deactivated for 14 days.
Stay on top of the latest technology trends — delivered directly to your inbox, free!
Subscription Form Posts
Don't worry, we don't spam
Written by Jason Wise
Hi! I’m Jason. I tend to gravitate towards business and technology topics, with a deep interest in social media, privacy and crypto. I enjoy testing and reviewing products, so you’ll see a lot of that from me here on EarthWeb.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE