Top Linkedin Services
accelerate lead generation
If you are a professional in your industry or you have a brand that you are trying to grow online, then you will want to have a LinkedIn account. Let’s take a look at how to create a LinkedIn account, so that you can increase your reach online.
Creating Your Account
- Open LinkedIn in your web browser.
- Enter your personal information. This will be your first name, your last name, your email address, and your password.
- Select ‘join now’, which is the yellow button below these entry fields.
- Select the box underneath ‘country’. You will see a list of countries.
- Select your country.
- Type in your ZIP code, which is located below the ‘country’ box.
- Select ‘next’, below the ZIP code box.
- Select whether you are a student or not. You will choose either ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
- Type in the company you work for, as well as your job title. You might also select an industry depending on the company you work for. If you are a student, you will enter your school, which year you started, and when you plan on graduating.
- Select ‘next’. From here you will need to customize the connections and content you see on your LinkedIn profile.
Personalizing Your LinkedIn Feed
- Select the ‘account personalization’ option. You will be asked to verify your email address. With these options, you will see things like ‘building my professional network’, ‘finding a job’, ‘staying up to date with my industry’, ‘keeping in touch with my contacts’, and ‘not sure yet. I’m open!’.
- Open your email. Make sure that you click through on the link to verify your LinkedIn account.
- Once you have confirmed through the email, you can decide whether or not you want to import your contacts. If you want to import your contacts from the email address, select ‘continue’. Otherwise, you can select ‘skip’. LinkedIn will be allowed to access your email account if you choose ‘continue’. If you choose to skip this, they might as you to confirm this decision.
- Add a photo of yourself. If you include a clear, professional photo of yourself on your profile, you are more likely to make connections and be seen by employers, which can lead to more job opportunities. Select ‘upload photo’ and choose one from your computer. If you don’t want to do this right now, you can choose ‘skip’.
- Select ‘continue’. This will save your profile picture.
- Choose channels to follow. The channels that you choose to follow will determine what kind of content you see on your LinkedIn homepage.
- Select ‘follow (number) channels’. This will let your LinkedIn profile follow those selected channels. You can ‘skip’ as well if you don’t want to do this right now.
- Select LinkedIn profiles that are already doing really well to follow. Following well-known LinkedIn profiles doesn’t mean that they are on your connections list.
- Select ‘follow (number) influencers’. This will get your LinkedIn profile to follow selected accounts. You can select ‘skip’ if you don’t want to do this right now.
- Select ‘next’. It will be at the bottom of the screen. Now that you have officially set up your LinkedIn profile, you can add information about yourself to your account.
Editing Your Profile
- Select the ‘me’ tab. This is at the top right of your profile, right beside the notification’s icon.
- Select ‘view profile’. This is at the top of the ‘me’ menu that drops down.
- Select the pencil icon. It is to the right of your profile picture, and it is going to let you edit a few things, including your name, your headline, current position, location information, education, and summary.
- Select ‘save’. This will save any changes that you have made. This information is now public, and anyone can see it.
- Select ‘+’ to add your professional experience. It is to the right of the ‘experience’ section, which is underneath your profile picture. When you add professional experience, you will enter information about your workplace, including what you do and what your title was. This information is helpful for potential employers to see.
- Select ‘save’.
- Edit your work experience by selecting the pencil icon. This is to the right of your experience that is listed on your profile. You can edit anything here.
- Select ‘save’ when you’re finished. You can find it at the bottom of the page. Your LinkedIn profile is now complete.