Quick Answer 🔍How much does YouTube pay per view in 2023?
YouTube pays between $0.10 and $0.30 per ad view, with the average being $0.18.
We’ve all seen YouTube content creators who are making money from their YouTube videos, but just how much does YouTube pay per view on videos?
This question is one that deserves an answer, so that is what we will do here.
Since the amount paid to YouTube content creators depends on various factors, it’s important to learn about how much each video view can pay.
It’s widely known that YouTubers generate more income from sponsors and YouTube advertising than they do from video views.
The fact remains, however, that YouTube channels earn their revenues based on their audience views.
YouTube has its guidelines for achieving the privilege of getting revenues on video views.
The best way to go about discussing how much they pay per video view is by covering the guidelines, rules, and how to get paid through ad revenue.
Overview of YouTube Payments
The average YouTuber channel doesn’t receive a lot in per-view revenue.
However, math allows us to calculate the estimated per-day earnings to enhance estimated channel earnings.
Here’s How YouTube Payments Look from The Per-View Perception:
- Google, an asset of Alphabet, owns YouTube. Therefore the ads that generate on videos are basically Google Ads. The revenues are paid via Google Adsense earnings.
- Technically, YouTube doesn’t pay for “views”, it pays for “ad views”. Advertising revenue can be generated on a channel even when viewers choose to skip each ad.
- Adsense pays per click, which relates to options like CPC (cost-per-click) and CPM (cost-per-thousand) ads. Nevertheless, when viewers skip ads during a CPC ad, the possible earnings won’t achieve the highest amount from a specific ad in the Adsense account.
Therefore, ads that can be skipped make up the primary amount of YouTube channel revenues.
Depending on the kind of content created, short ads can have a more positive effect on a content creator’s audiences.
How Much Does YouTube Pay per View?
In answer to the question, what YouTube pays per view ranges from 10 cents to 30 cents per ad view.
So, on average, we can claim that 20 cents per ad view is fair.
Some sources say it’s 18 cents, which is also a good estimated average amount.
So, we can say that the average amount paid per ad view is between 18 and 20 cents.
Technically, ad views are not the same as video views.
The average amount paid for individual video views comes to about $3 to $5 per every 1,000 video views.
Another factor to consider is how long the channel has been on the YouTube platform, and how successful it’s been.
Some smaller things to consider include the video length, description, engagement, kind of content, and how often the content creator posts.
These elements all influence earnings.
How Much Will 1 Million Views Pay on YouTube?
So, how much does YouTube pay 1 million views?
If we use the average of 18 cents per ad view and $3-$5 per 1,000 views, we can safely say that YouTube can pay about $5,000 per 1 million ad views.
It’s important to note that some of the most successful channels make roughly $7,000 per 1 million video video views, compared to newer or less influential YouTubers who may earn $3,000 or so for 1 million views.
How Much Does YouTube Pay per Subscriber?
Since YouTube pays per view, the number of subscribers won’t directly affect your YouTube earnings.
The concept is that the more exposure and views you have, the more money you make.
That said, channel subscribers are very important to YouTubers’ channels. Their comments, engagements, and ad viewing is very important.
The most popular YouTubers enhance their earnings by having a dynamic and active community and hundreds of thousands to millions of subscribers.
YouTube allows eligible channels to charge fees for memberships, which come from loyal subscribers, rather than random and nomadic viewers.
Loyal subscribers play a major role in successful YouTubers.
How Do YouTubers Make Money from YouTube?
Now that you have some facts and figures, it’s time to discuss how it all happens.
Here is where we explain the options for YouTubers to make money.
The YouTube Partner Program
Joining the YouTube Partner Program is how channels get paid for views.
This program plays a major role in making money.
Once you are eligible to join the program, you can eventually get your YouTube account verified, which offers many advantages for YouTubers.
Eligibility Requirements: YouTube Partner Program and Making Money
Before you can make a penny on YouTube, you need to meet these requirements.
These are also requirements that make you eligible for the Partner Program.
1) You much have at least 1,000 subscribers
2) Over the course of a year, you must have 4,000 watch hours
3) You need at least 1,000 views on a video.
Technically, 1,000 is the number to hit for achieving earnings on YouTube.
Without at least 1,000 views, according to the requirements, you won’t make any money.
2022’s Top 8 Earners
Let’s take a brief look at the top 8 YouTubers who are earning the most on the platform.
- Mr. Beast: Mr. Beast comes in first with $58 million in gross earnings in 2021 on YouTube. This channel currently has 102 million subscribers. This YouTube channel has over 720 videos.
- Jake Paul: Jake Paul has over 20 million subscribers and made $45 million in 2021. Jake Paul’s channel has over 930 videos.
- Markiplier: Markiplier made $38 million during 2021, and now has over 33 million subscribers. This channel features over 5,000 videos.
- Rhett & Link: The Rhett & Link channel has over 340 videos and nearly 5 million subscribers. This channel earned $30 million during 2021 from direct YouTube earnings.
- Unspeakable: This channel makes $28.5 million in income over 2021. It has over 14 million subscribers and more than 660 videos.
- Like Nastya: Like Nastya is one of the sweetest YouTube channels, which has over 99 million subscribers and more than 700 videos. 2021 earnings for this channel amounted to $28 million.
- Dude Perfect: The Dude Perfect YouTube channel earned $28 million in 2021. Dude Perfect hosts nearly 300 videos and has more than 58 million subscribers.
- Logan Paul: Logan Paul is a well-known 24-year-old YouTuber who achieved $18 million in 2021. Logan Paul has over 23 million subscribers and more than 700 videos.
Most of these YouTubers have been on the platform for a few years, and have worked hard to gain their popularity and income.
It’s not an easy thing to do, but it’s well worth it if you want to make YouTube one of your passive income streams.
What Channel Makes the Most Money on YouTube?
According to the 2021 figures going into 2022, Mr. Beast is the wealthiest YouTuber.
Which YouTube Channel Has the Most Subscribers?
While PewDiePie doesn’t make the top 8 of YouTube earners, this channel has the most subscribers at 111 million.
Also, PewDiePie has 4,498 videos and growing.
What Can a YouTube Channel Make for 100,000 Views?
After using the averages in YouTube earnings, a creator has the potential to make about $500 per 100,000 views.
We now know that the average that YouTube pays per view is between 10 and 30 cents per view, or $3-$5 per 1,000 views.
Therefore, at 1 million views, a channel could be making between $3,000 and $5,000 on YouTube.
Do you think you want to try your hand at YouTube to make money after reading this article?
Is it worth the work?
We think it is.