Quick Answer 🔍How many YouTubers are there in 2023?
YouTube has 37 million channels and in excess of 2 billion total users.
YouTube is the largest video-sharing platform on the planet. It’s also globally ranked at number 2 on Alexa.
The YouTube website is second only to Google as the most trafficked website in the world.
Knowing all that, just how many YouTubers are there in 2023?
We will answer that question and address the things that make YouTube so popular among YouTubers, how they use the platform and other things you want to know about YouTubers.
Before we discuss what YouTubers do and how many are on the platform, we will define the term YouTuber.
YouTubers vs YouTube Users
Let’s get down to the topic at hand. How many YouTubers are there? To provide a count of YouTubers, we must consider content creators with channels.
As of January 2022, there are 37 million channels on the platform.
YouTube has in excess of 2 billion total users.
This doesn’t mean there are 37 million YouTubers creating content because some of these content creators operate multiple channels.
What Are YouTubers?
YouTubers are defined as users of the YouTube platform who have channels where they produce videos for YouTube users to watch.
Some YouTubers have multiple channels with different video content.
Now, you know the difference between a YouTube user and a YouTuber. Not everyone on YouTube uploads videos.
Therefore, not all YouTube users are YouTubers, but all YouTubers are YouTube users because they also view content.
What Are Channels?
A YouTube channel is the space you create on your account where you can group uploaded videos that you create.
The channel has its own website address that you use to promote your channel and video content. Your goal is to get people to subscribe, like, comment, and share your video.
Each video on your channel also has its own URL that you can share across other social media platforms, embed on websites, and a link you can share via email. Creating quality and relevant content is one way to get noticed.
Monetizing your channel and your videos can help boost your presence on the platform to the top.
How Many YouTubers Are There with Over 10 Million Subscribers?
If you’re unfamiliar with the idea of subscribers on YouTube, you should know that 10 million subscribers is a massive audience for a channel.
The most recent data reveals that there are more than 600 YouTubers with at least 10 million subscribers, with a few of those having more.
10 million subscribers is a mind-blowing number of followers.
So, what channels are getting this kind of activity? Most of the popular YouTubers with his massive subscriber base include video game commentators, makeup artists, and vloggers.
The common thread that makes these channels so popular is in their content. Their content provides value to a niche audience.
It is work to attain this status on YouTube, so most of these YouTubers have worked for at least a few years to get there.
It’s obvious that they know what video content is popular and what their audience wants to see or learn.
Another common trait of those with 10 million subscribers is passion for what they do. They also understand it’s not all about the money they can get out of it.
How Many YouTubers Are There with 1 Million Subscribers?
We cannot provide an exact number of YouTuber’s channels with at least 1 million subscribers because the number changes almost daily.
That said, there are approximately 23,000 to 24,000 YouTube channels that have surpassed the 1 million subscriber count.
YouTubers with at least 1 million subscribers can potentially make $60,000 per year when they are consistently creating videos of value for their subscribers.
Most of them are making this living income by participating in the YouTube Partner Program.
The YouTube Partner Program has requirements before you can participate in it. You need over 4,000 watch hours over a 12 month period and over 1,000 subscribers.
Not all YouTubers are making money solely off of ad revenues from being in the Partner Program.
Some of their earnings also come from using print on demand products with their logo or motto on items, being part of at least one affiliate program, and from other sources.
How Many YouTubers Are There on The Top Most Popular List?
You cannot ask the question of “how many YouTubers are there” without mentioning the top YouTubers on the platform.
So, for the purposes of this article, we will list the top 10 most popular YouTubers and their stats.
- PewDiePie is a top gaming YouTuber with 111 subscribers. This YouTuber got started on April 29, 2010, giving him almost 12 years on the platform. His channel has achieved 28,195,364,369 views since he joined. His approximate net worth is around $55 million,
- Jeffreestar is a makeup guru who joined the platform on February 14, 2006. Over the 12 years on YouTube this channel has obtained 16.1 million subscribers. The current total channel views is 2,553,858,417 and this person has a net worth of about $250 million.
- Dude Perfect is a sports and comedy channel that has been on the platform since March 17, 2009. In the 13 years on YouTube this channel has amassed 57.2 million subscribers and 14,082,469,009 views. This channel has a net worth of $30 million.
- Rhett & Link is categorized as a comedy channel that has been on YouTube since June 5, 2006. They have 4.99 million subscribers, 937,357,707 total views across all their videos, and a net worth of $25 million.
- Lilly Singh is a comedy vlogger with a net worth of $22 million that she has achieved since she began on October 29, 2010. Lilly’s channel has a total of 3,461,637,237 views and 14.7 subscribers.
- Jake and Logan Paul are brothers with two channels, Jake Paul and Logan Paul. Jake is a musician and a pro boxer, while Logan is a vlogger who promotes the Maverick line of clothing. Jake joined YouTube on September 19, 2013 and Logan joined on August 28, 2015. Collectively, they have a net worth of $36 million. Jake has 20.4 million subscribers and total channel views of 7,175,047,033. Logan has 23.4 million subscribers and total channel views of 5,831,328,981.
- Liza Koshy is considered an “Intertainer” and has been on the platform since September 2, 2013. Liza has a net worth $6 million. The channel has a total of 2,572,086,574 views and 17.5 million subscribers.
- MrBeast is a gaming content creator with a net worth of $16 million. MrBeast has 91.7 million subscribers and 14,986,915,779 total views. This channel started on February 19, 2012.
- David Dobrik has been on YouTube since December 19, 2014 as a vlogger. The channel’s net worth is $15 million and has received a total of 18.3 million subscribers and 6,999,488,781 views.
- Markiplier, aka Mark Edward Fischbach, has a net worth of $28 million made from YouTube earnings. The channel has been active on YouTube since May 26, 2012 and has 32.3 million subscribers. The channel has a total of 17,810,522,102 subscribers.
These top YouTubers are proof that you can make a living income from YouTube. These YouTubers all have beyond 10 million subscribers, which means they are all earning well over six to seven figures per year.
Not everyone with a YouTube channel is or will earn six figures or more per year. While it’s possible, it takes time, effort, and some money to get there.
How Can You Becomea YouTuber?
The basics of starting your channel include the following:
- Choose your niche.
- Set your goals.
- Branstorm of content ideas.
- Make sure you have a way to record videos.
- Create and optimize your channel.
- Be consistent with your content and patient.
- Boost your SEO.
- Stay on top of trends and popular topics.
- Monetize your channel and your videos.
- Promote your channel and videos across social platforms.
These are the basics, but you get the main idea. You can easily get started by using your smartphone camera. Once you make some money, you can upgrade to dedicated recording equipment and lighting.
In the meantime, there are circle lights you can use to ensure quality light for your videos for under $20.
How many YouTubers are there and what are the most popular types of videos?
Before you choose a niche, you can get some ideas from this list of the most popular types of videos on YouTube.
Starting with one of these may boost your presence on YouTube faster.
Top 10 Most Popular Video Types
If you’re considering starting your own YouTube channel to become part of the number of YouTubers on the platform, here are some ideas for you to get started.
- Gaming video content – Twitch may be the new gamers video playground, but YouTube is still popular for gaming content.
- Makeup and beauty videos – Makeup and beauty videos are often tutorials on how to create a look, use colors, and how to use specific products.
- Unboxing and reviews – Product reviews make for some popular video content on YouTube. Millions of people of almost all ages and across demographics rely on product reviews before making buying decisions. Unboxing often goes along with reviews, and makes for some interesting and engaging content.
- ASMR – Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response (ASMR) is a fast-growing niche on the platform.
- Vlogging– Vlogging refers to video blogging and is a popular kind of video on YouTube. People who subscribe to vloggers are often quite loyal and watch for notifications from their favorite vlogger.
- Health and Fitness – This is a huge industry with many niches from which to choose. This kind of video relates to anything related to diets, exercise routines and workout, etc.
- Challenges or Pranks – The entertainment value of challenges or pranks is what makes this kind of video content popular.
- Music – People love music across a wide variety of genres. Not only can music include popular music, it can also be created by singers, dancers, etc. Yoga, meditation, relaxation, and sleep music or sounds fall in this category.
- Comedy and Parody – Another thing people like to do is laugh. Funny and entertaining parodies and comedies make some of the best content on YouTube.
- DIY and How-To – Much like tutorials, how-to and diy videos are very popular.
We hope we have effectively answered the question of the day, “How many YouTubers are there?” in this article.
We have categorized top YouTubers, YouTubers with 1 to 10 million subscribers, the most popular types of videos YouTubers create, and even the basic steps for how to become a YouTuber.
The elements that help you to create a reputable, credible, and popular YouTube channel include things like creating quality content, monetizing said content, using SEO best practices to boost your presence, and making sure to “speak” to your audience in your content.
Video content is more popular today than it’s ever been. Even though most people watch YouTube videos via computer, today’s generation is watching YouTube videos on their mobile devices more than ever before.
That is one reason why short-form videos like those you see on Instagram Reels, TikTok, and YouTube shorts.
If you are a marketer, business or brand, or a video content creator, you need to have a video content strategy that includes mobile compatibility.
Even the format difference between YouTube, TikTok, and Reels is important.
After reading this information, do you think you will start your own YouTube channel?
How would you feel about being a full-fledged YouTuber who meets the requirements for the YouTube Partner Program?
How long do you think it will take to achieve your goals on YouTube? These are the questions you should ask yourself while you are creating your video creation strategy.
How many YouTubers are there? There are 37 million channels on YouTube, some with the same creators and some with multiple creators.
There are over 2 billion users on the platform.
|Business Insider||Global Media Insight||Google Support|
|Medium||Out of the 925||Press Farm|
|World Scholarship Forum|