Quick Answer 🔍How many people use Wattpad in 2022?
Wattpad has over 90 million people users.
How many people use Wattpad in 2022 is the question of the day.
We will address this topic along with more facts and statistics about Wattpad.
First, let’s learn what it is and then we will get right to how many people use it.
Wattpad is a social media platform with an audience of authors and readers. It was founded in 2006 by Allen Lau (CEO) and Iven Yuen.
Wattpad is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
It is known as the globe’s biggest community for finding and sharing stories. So, it’s a storytelling platform that connects writers and readers.
It’s completely free to use whether you’re a reader or an author. New stories are added daily to this highly active community.
Wattpad is compatible with tablets, smartphones, and computers. Now, let’s find out how many people use Wattpad and some more relevant facts about the platform.
How Many People Use Wattpad in 2022?
Wattpad’s website reports that they have over 90 million people spending more than 23 billion minutes reading engaging, original stories each month.
The number of story uploads to Wattpad since its launch is 400 million, regularly giving readers something new to discover on the platform.
Wattpad’s Terms of Service (ToS) says users must be at least 13 years old to register for an account.
Anyone with an account who does not comply with the age rule will lose their account to termination by Wattpad.
That said, it’s important to note that some of the authored content on Wattpad features adult content.
Since anyone can add their story, they are accountable for using the proper tags that identify it as adult content.
Teen users are supposed to report any stories that are properly labeled as adult content.
Wattpad users can use filters to prevent adult or mature content from generating in their recommended stories feed.
Additionally, Wattpad does have categories, so users can easily refrain from content they don’t wish to read.
The settings play a major role in helping one manage their Wattpad account.
Fair warning, anyone can access any category unless parents create the proper settings for their teens.
With the New Adult” category that contains romance, erotic, and relationship content that isn’t teen-friendly, it’s wide for parents to use the settings.
What Does Wattpad Offer Its Users?
The following features are there for readers and writers to use respectively.
- Writers can use the Tagged Content feature that works in much the same way as hashtags. This allows readers to add blocked tags as needed.
- Readers get to use the Reading List to save favorite stories for later. This list is public to users, which promotes connections.
- Rating a Story is designed to help improve the ability to block mature content from teens when it’s appropriate. Ratings include options like “Mature”, or “Everyone”.
- Story Notifications provides a way to get notified when a story or author that you follow adds new stories.
- Writing In-App is a browser or app feature that lets writers write any time instead of having to wait.
- Finally, Wattpad Paid Stories, which was launched in 2019, lets writers earn money for their stories.
So, these are the basic features for readers and writers. These are the options that allow readers to find stories to read and help them connect to their favorite authors.
What Are Some Wattpad Demographics?
Some figures from Similarweb show that the United States accounts for 26.20% of Wattpad’s users.
India is next with 10.07%, and Russia has a share of 8.27% of users on the platform.
Furthermore, its users consist of people from 13 to 40 years old. Many of the authors are young adults or older teens.
Around 90% of its users are Millennials and Gen-Z.
There are no figures related to gender on the platform, but the LGBTQ+ community has a presence on Wattpad. So, all genders and sexual orientations are represented.
The categories of stories offer a wide range of genres like fiction, romance, and adventure stories.
How Does Wattpad Generate Revenue?
Wattpad generates revenue from advertisers like Unilever.
Almost all of its writers are unpaid, though some are using the “Paid Stories” feature that allows them to get ad-sharing revenue.
The company has now been through nine rounds of funding, which accounts for $117.8 million. In 2018, Wattpad received $51 million in venture funding.
Wattpad doesn’t disclose much about its revenue or valuation, but it’s been estimated to be worth nearly $398 million.
What Are More Facts About Wattpad?
Here are a few quick facts about Wattpad for your information.
- Wattpad is home to 50 languages on its platform, making it a solid global option.
- In 2014, Wattpad employed 96 employees.
- In India, about 4 million stories have been shared on the platform.
- The number of daily story uploads in 2014 was 64,000.
- The percentage of users that have written their story from their smartphone is 53%.
- The percentage of time that mobile users spend on Wattpad is 90%.
- In 2016, 130,000 signed up for an account.
- Some of Wattpad’s competitors include Amazon, Ghost, and Scribd.
These are some things you should know about Wattpad before you decide to join, or market the platform.
Now that we have discussed how many people use Wattpad in 2022, you can draw some of your own conclusions about the platform.
It’s unique in the social media realm, yet its competitors are reading platforms like Amazon, Medium, and Scribd.
It’s not exactly a social media platform, but it does have some features like social media.
Essentially, it’s a blend of social media that focuses on the written word. Or, social media meets storytelling.
After reading this article about Wattpad and its user base and other facts, would you use it as a reader or a writer? Do you have a few stories in your head that you want to share?
Keep in mind that not all stories go to the next level of creation if they don’t get engagement, ratings, or reviews.
It is considered somewhat competitive, but if you have something to share, do it. Make sure to use tags and categorization properly to be compliant to the platform,
Now that you know how many people use Wattpad in 2022, what will you do with that information?