If you feel you have stopped enjoying the content of someone on Facebook, you’ll want to know how do you unfollow someone on Facebook.
Several questions emerge in the mind of Facebook users regarding the Facebook unfollow feature, such as what this feature signifies, whether they are still friends or not, whether they can view their posts, and whether they can follow them back again or not.
It is very unpleasant to unfollow someone on Facebook, although it’s almost like unlinking someone without one’s knowledge.
An individual can view another person’s posts and they are still friends but all of the posts on the other person’s timeline will disappear and you will be unable to view any future posts on their timeline.
Users now have the option of snoozing friends on Facebook for a month as well as they can unfollow anyone till they change their mind.
It also can be applied to any article or community the user is following. Individuals using Facebook can unfollow those on Facebook when the unfollow option was released in 2013.
The unfollow feature was an improvement over the already existing provision of “Hide all.”
Through this article, you will get to know the meaning of unfollowing on Facebook and how you can unfollow an individual.
What Happens when We Unfollow Someone on Facebook?
Whenever users unfollow anyone on Facebook, they are notifying Facebook they don’t want any future updates of that user in their newsfeed.
The unfollowed person will not receive any type of alert that they have been unfollowed by someone, so you do not have to be concerned about that.
After the introduction of the “follow” option, an individual can follow anyone from normal individuals to celebrities, as well as organizations and different sites that could help them to diversify their newsfeed and make it more engaging.
They can also unfollow any individual or site if they aren’t friends anymore.
Is It Possible to Unfollow Them yet Remain Friends on Facebook?
If someone doesn’t want to completely end a relationship with someone, then unfollowing them seems to be a nice option. Despite unfriending anyone, it’s really simple to follow or unfollow them.
A “following” option is primarily connected to the type of information one wishes to see instead of who is on their friend’s list.
This means that it is there to guide users in selecting what they want to view in their newsfeed. It does not affect their friend list.
Once users unfollow someone, his activity would no longer appear on one’s timeline, but users can still visit one’s page to check their posts.
How Do You Unfollow Someone on Facebook
The Facebook Content Feed is now a simple method to keep up with one’s relatives and community events.
However, a Facebook friend could be the main cause of annoying, critical, or boring remarks, news, and stupid comments.
However, unfollowing any friend on Facebook is simple, and users won’t read their postings any longer.
But they will still be Facebook friends, and able to communicate with each other using Messenger, but they cannot view individual postings when they see one’s News Feed.
Unfollowing someone on Facebook is simple. Unfollowing a Facebook friend could be carried out in various manners.
Unfollow somebody through a personal article, account, or just through Settings of News Feed Preferences.
How Do You Unfollow Someone on Facebook from Their Post?
For unfollowing someone on Facebook from their post, follow these steps:
1. Visit the post of any individual you wish to unfollow.
2 . Choose the three dots on the upper right side of one’s post.
3 . Click on the Unfollow option. One will not see the other user’s posts but they still remain friends on Facebook.
4 . Unless they either block or unfollow, one’s posts are still available to them even after they unfollow them.
How Do You Unfollow Someone on Facebook from Their Profiles?
An alternative option for unfollowing anyone on Facebook is:
1. Visit the profile page of that using one’s want to unfollow.
2. Click over following the cover picture of that user.
3. Click on the three dots that appear below the cover picture of the user.
4. Choose unfollow option
5. Click on Following and then click on unfollow while in the Facebook application.
Alternate Method on How Do You Unfollow Someone on Facebook
Below we’ve outlined another method for unfollowing a person.
1. Click the dropdown just on the top menu bar on their profile page.
2. Click the 3 horizontal lines just at the bottom of the application.
3. Click News Feed Preferences from the drop-down menu.
4. Choose “Unfollow People and Groups” to get rid of the individuals and communities you want to unfollow.
5. Click on the profile of the individual one want to unfollow and click on Done.
How to Again Follow the Friends that We Had Unfollowed?
It’s quite normal if in the future you wish to hear back from your unfollowed friend.
In such a case to start seeing posts from their unfollowed person again, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Vist one’s Facebook account.
2. Click on the drop-down arrow from the top menu.
3. Click on 3 horizontal lines at the bottom of the application.
4. Choose the preferences for the news feed.
5. Click on settings and after that select news feed preference in the application.
6. Choose to Reconnect with people and groups to connect with friends and organizations you have not seen in a while.
7. Choose the individual with someone whom one would like to reunite, then click Next. Then an individual’s posts will appear back in one’s News Feed.
An alert would not be given to individuals that unfriend unless they were using any third-party browser plugin.
Be aware that deleted friends will still be able to read one’s comments on shared friend-posted content. They can also view one’s feedback.
Disable somebody so they are unable to see one’s profile or posts on mutual friends’ pages.
After you’ve unfriended anyone, there is no way to reverse something without giving them a new friend request.
Individuals have to send another friend request if they wish to re-friend the same person.
What Is the Snoozing Feature and How to Snooze a User’s Posts?
If someone just wants some personal time, suggest snoozing someone rather than unfollowing them. After 30 days, snoozing stops users from seeing individual postings on their News Feed.
- Start by going to Facebook. Launch a web browser and go to https://www.Facebook.com/, or you can use the Facebook application on your phone or tablet.
- As usual, browse through their news feed. Facebook’s home page, which is called one’s news feed, displays postings of their buddies, organizations, and articles.
- On such a posting, hit the 3 dots on top of the post. Select a post first from individuals you don’t want to see much content from. The dots will be in the article’s upper corner.
- Choose “Snooze XYZ for 30 days”. It will prevent the individual from showing up in their Facebook newsfeed for the next thirty days. If you two are connected as friends, the option won’t affect that.
- Rather than snoozing anyone for thirty days, users could unfollow anyone from such an option by clicking Unfollow. This will prevent their comments from showing in your Facebook newsfeed in the future.
How to Remove Someone from Your Friend List?
One may disconnect somebody from their Friend list, which means you won’t be able to see the postings of what the other user is sharing on their account.
This seems to be possible on both the Facebook mobile application and on the desktop version. One can unfollow anyone if they’d rather stay connected but do not wish to see their updates.
- Visit the Facebook page. In one’s selected browser, go to https://www.Facebook.com. When you’re already connected to Facebook, it will bring up one’s News Feed.
- While continuing, enter the email address/ phone number and password if they have not previously done so.
- Move on to the Facebook profile of their friend. To visit a friend’s page, type the name into the search field at the top of the Frontpage Feed page, and select the profile photo.
- Choose the Friends option. It will be at the top of the front page, on the upper edge of its cover image. A drop-down menu appears as a result of all this.
- Select the Unfriend option. That choice can be found at the bottom of the drop-down menu. It will delete someone from one’s list of friends instantly.
Is It Possible to Hide My Content Users on My Friend List without Unfriending Them?
People, in general, like keeping plenty of friends connected with their personal accounts. However, in their feed, they wish to see the content only from those with whom they are regularly in touch with.
In that case, they don’t have to unfollow or unfriend the rest of the accounts. They can simply put the accounts with undesirable content in the restricted list.
One added advantage of this is, that if you post some content for your friends only, people on the restricted list won’t be able to see it.
You can continue to communicate and share the content with an account that you have restricted. They won’t be notified if you put them on the restricted list.
- If you are using a PC, log in to your Facebook account. Tap on the down arrow on the upper right side. Click on “Settings & Privacy.” Next, tap on settings. There will be a blocking tap on one side, click on it. Choose “Edit list” from the top corner.
- Now, select friends and tap on all the accounts whose posts you don’t wish to see on your Newsfeed. Once you’re done, click on “Finish” to complete the process successfully.
There is no way to effectively add numerous persons to one’s Blacklist if you’re using the mobile app. It is preferable to use a desktop.
Users may, meanwhile, add anyone separately by going to one‘s account.
- Tap those three dots at the top of the user account.
- Choose Friends, Update your Friend List, and Blocked.
Facebook has been the world’s top social networking site for a substantial amount of time now.
Due to the lack of strict rules and regulations regarding restricting the content, users of Facebook can view any content of their choice each day without any restrictions.
The unfollow feature helps to filter contents in one’s feed mostly without dealing with any interpersonal consequences of unfriending anyone.
We hope that the article helped you in understanding how do you unfollow someone on Facebook.