What Was Flatten the Curve?
On March 12, 2020, scientists and health experts from around the world collaborated to provide the most up-to-date information about how to beat COVID-19.
In that first week, FlattentheCurve.com reached 1.2 million people.
Virtually everyone had heard the words “Flatten the Curve”, and the site was made to urge people to find sustainable ways to reduce the community spread as much as they could.
As we learnt more about COVID-19, a simple graph went viral: “Flatten the Curve.” Praised for shedding light on the scale and speed of the outbreak, it illustrated the wave of expected COVID-19 cases.
- A high curve means the virus was spreading quickly; some people wouldn’t get the medical care they need, and the number of deaths was likely to increase.
- A flattened curve meant COVID-19 was spreading slowly, staggering the rate of people with COVID-19 and giving doctors time to best utilize scarce resources to treat people and save lives.
- Remote Work Statistics
- New Business Creation Stats
- Divorce Rate Statistics
- Billionaire Statistics
- Smishing Statistics
- How Much Time Do People Spend on Social Media?
- Hospital Data Breaches & Healthcare Cybersecurity Statistics
- Big Data Statistics
- Mental Health Statistics
- Great Resignation Statistics
For the latest info, please check out the CDC’s COVID-19 Coverage